Ben is a leader in the provision of high-level Sports Physiotherapy care. Ben thrives on the challenge of breaking down longstanding musculoskeletal problems. He has worked in a variety of sports but has taken a specific focus to tennis whereby he works on the professional Men’s tennis tour (ATP World Tour) with some of the world’s best athletes. He has also worked with other sports including TAC cup Football, Australian National Shield Rugby Union and Premier State Division Soccer and currently works with St Joseph’s Football Club.
Ben’s pathway in Physiotherapy has also included working in acute hospital rotations and private practice settings from rural clinics to some of Australia’s premier sports medicine poly-clinics. He has a special interest in sports injuries, shoulders and lumbo-pelvic injuries. His approach focuses on establishing an early and accurate diagnosis. He then provides the patient with a detailed plan of their pathway and prognosis. Once this is established, it is very much a collaborative approach between clinician and the patient where he utilizes his strong skill-set of manual therapy (including dry-needling and manipulative techniques) and then integrates this with a specific exercise prescription (ranging from real-time ultrasound to high-end gym-set-up to guide the patient to a complete recovery.
Ben also works with the La Trobe University Masters of Sports Physiotherapy program as a clinical educator.
Outside of Physiotherapy, Ben is a member of Torquay tennis club, loves surfing, running, swimming, good food, friends, family and getting to the beach as often as possible.
- Current Physiotherapist on ATP World Tour – works at Grand Slams such as Australian Open and Wimbledon as well as Masters and Tour events
- Post-Graduate Sports Physiotherapist – Master of Sports Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy/Exercise Science
- Quality Sports Medicine to help your game, stay on court longer and get the most out of your body to enjoy movement
- Skills in Manipulative Therapy, Soft-tissue management, Dry-needling, ASCA level 1 coach, Exercise Prescription
- Wide variety of experience in treating Sports Injuries of various backgrounds from Elite Sportspeople to weekend warriors, juniors, veterans and everyone in between